Cancer Treatment Services

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Home remedies for Diarrhea?

Okay my 4year old son has the runs. I called the doctor and he said its not diarrhea unless he does it more than 20 times a day. hes only done it twice in the last hour and 3 times last nite. So what can I give him to seattle his stomach. Am already trying the BRAT diet but its not working.I started the diet last nite.



Hi, Jen


A home remedy I learned is to take a potato, peel the skin off and boil it down for about 20-30 minutes. Scoop out a cup full of the broth and allow him to drink it. This should help settle an upset stomach, good luck!




Peppermint tea is great for stomach and intestinal complaints. I also have used ginger(the same as in your spice cabinet or get a piece of ginger root at the produce dept of your grocery store) for mild problems. Or just give him some saltine crackers.




If the diarrhea is caused from a virus, there is nothing you can do but wait for it to pass. Meanwhile giving him plenty of fluids...and the brat diet helps a lot. I've also heard that carrot juice makes poo less runny.




take out the applesauce. that's a myth. lots of crackers and gatorade or some sort of drink that replenishes the body. i would take him to the doctor if it still persists friday.




seven up


sprite


ginger ale


...those three drinks settle the stomach it always works for me





also try having him eat something with a lot of fiber in it like oatmeal


as gross as this sounds...fiber is whats keeps your poop together in solid form




After the diarrhea make him drink gatorade. It read somewhere that it helps with all the liquids and vitamines your lose after you get diarrhea.




I think the BRAT diet takes about 3 days to work, but each day should be better than the day before. Just keep him hydrated and on a light diet.


Good luck




strong tea with sugar ,warm or cold . apples as well it is so good. potato will help boild potatos. plenty of fluids to compensate the fluid he loses.




When I was little, my mom always use to give me bananas when I had diarrhea.




Apple juice and a banana will bind him up. Bread with peanut butter as long as he doesn't have peanut allergy.




poop it all out or change your diet dummy

No comments:

Post a Comment