Cancer Treatment Services

Monday, March 30, 2009

Is it possible that a bone can be re-broken without a known large injury?

Ok so I broke my shin about 7 months ago from falling while hiking. It was a clean break but only went halfway through. I wore an aircast for 3 months and went back to the doctor. I could walk on it and everything so he had no need to x-ray again. This past weekend my shin started hurting REEEALLLLY bad again and I had to put my aircast back on to relieve some of the pain (not recommended by doctor). I don remember any major falls but I am pretty clumsy. My leg is swollen and it is excruciatingly painful to walk. I have a very high pain threshold so I still walk. The major pain started Friday in the middle of the nightish. Is there any way that my leg could have re-broke without me realizing it?



I know someone who broke his knee several years ago and thought it was ok then 5, 6 years later it seemed to open up again.No one knows if it's normal for a fracture to do this but apparently it happens sometimes. Yours may just be arthritis that developed in the joint as a result of the injury, but you'll never know unless you see to your doc ASAP.




You might of re injured it without knowing. I would got to the doc. just to make sure and to get an x-ray. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment