Cancer Treatment Services

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

How do I know if I have carpal tunnel?

I'm 15 years old and when I put my makeup on in the morning, or when I am typing on the computer, I get this very uncomfortable feeling in my wrists and I can feel it in my arms. I have to stop frequently and stretch my arms, twist my wrists, and message them for a minute. It is driving me crazy! Is it something to go to the doctor for or can I do something at home to prevent it?





Thanks



Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Symptoms


- Sleep interruption from numb hands and tingling fingers


- Waking up -- Numbness in Hand at Night and Pain in Wrist


- Hand Pain and or Wrist Pain


- Weakness in Hand and Wrist - loss of hand muscles


- Pain Radiating up the Forearm


- Poor Circulation, Hands falling asleep


- Cold Hands - Forearms warm


- Loss of Hand Grip Strength


- Loss of Feeling Sensation in Fingers & Thumb


- Dropping Objects - Forks - Glasses - Pen - etc.


- Numbness in Fingers or Tingling - Index, Middle & Ring Finger


- Numbness in Thumb


- Loss of fine motor skills in hands


- Clumsiness in Hands


- Aching Shoulders and Neck





Treatments:





Quick breaks, stretching, aspirin or other over-the-counter NSAIDs ?such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, others) and naproxen (Aleve, others) ?may relieve your symptoms temporarily.





You might also want to try wearing a wrist splint at night and avoid sleeping on your hands to help ease the pain or numbness in your wrists and hands. The splint should be snug but not tight. If pain, numbness or weakness recurs and persists, see your doctor.




Your hands will hurt, especially in the joint of the thumb where it connects with the wrist. From there, it can ache all the way up to the shoulder. If you are working on a job or have medical insurance, it's best to get it fixed because computers are a part of almost every job and computers will give you carpal tunnel quicker than anything else.




Massage it everyday. it can be from the way you type on the computer and youre stressing your forearm & wrists. I keep my arms very relax and just use my hands for typing. My forearms used to hurt a lot from playing tennis and typing that stresses your arms. I never went to a doctor I only rubbed it. And the doctor is always good to see




Everyone has a carpal tunnel.


Now if your hands hurt, tingle or get numb could be possible to have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment