Cancer Treatment Services

Monday, March 30, 2009

Ok so broke my foot on saturday and its really painfulll but the problem i have is the crutches?

they r killing my hands, iv tryed gloves but thats not working i seriously need some help here any ideas?



I'm sorry you broke your foot and hope it gets well soon.





You may be able to find some rubber pads made especially for hand supports on crutches. I have seen them at some pharmacies that sell things like crutch and walker tips.





Some people wrap them with 3-inch Ace Bandages and tape it in place with adhesive tape and that works reasonably well. I have used crutches before and never did get comfortable walking on them.




I broke 6 bones in my foot and was on crutches for 9 months. They aren't that hard to deal with, and after a while you will get a rubber foot you can attacth to the cast so you can walk properly.





Try using your palms to lean on the handles instead of gripping the crutch handles. If you grip it will make your hands sore.




what i did was got some cotton wool and a bandage then i put the cottin wool on the crutch and wrapped the bandage round it. trust me it works really well and it is so comfortable.




Sounds painful.





If your hands are painful, instead of holding the crutches with your hands you should kind of balance your hands on them. You can also wear gloves as well.




Wrap crepe bandages round the hand held bit on the crutches.




you should get some kind of padding and wrap it around the handle of the crutches, some foam padding is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment